Due to the coronavirus, Hetton Group Practice informs you that your appointment may be converted to telephone or video appointments.
Only patients that have been requested to attend the practice should come into the practice for a face to face appointment until further notice.
If you need to contact us, please call the practice.
If you are worried about Coronavirus, then please use the NHS 111 online service for advice and help – see web address below.
Face Coverings when attending surgery.
Can we please advise the following to all patients attending the surgery:
- Patients to wear a suitable face covering e.g. face mask / scarf etc. when attending the practice.
- Patients please attend just before your appointment time to avoid sitting around and observe social distancing when possible.
- Patients to attends appointments alone (there will be some exceptions to this rule, check when booking appointment if unsure)
- Patients will also be asked not to take their face covering off until told to by a clinician or when they have exited the building.
Thank you for your co operation
Government legislation on face coverings.
We have had numerous requests from patients requesting exemption letters so that they do not have to wear face coverings. Unfortunately we cannot provide exemption letters and we will not tolerate abuse from patients.
This is not a surgery policy it is Government legislation. Patients should wait to hear further government guidance. Thanks you for your patience during this difficult time.
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home until you get the result.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
For general information on coronavirus see: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
The below link is from Australia but it offers some excellent advice and health tips as we come to terms with the spread of Covid-19 and also a good guide to self-isolation or quarantine with Covid-19: https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-basics/a-guide
Click here for more guidance on Coronavirus from Gov.UK
Welcome to Hetton Group Practice
Welcome to Hetton Group Practice.
Our Practice is highly patient focused and we have a multidisciplinary approach to patients’ health care. We aim to deliver the best for our patients by combining the skills of the practice team with other health and social care workers in the community.
We provide modern health care facilities and focus on continually improving the health of our patients and residents of the community.
This website is aimed at providing you with the important information about our practice, our services and our staff in addition to some other useful information and tools available for you to use. Please have a look around and send us any comments or suggestions if you like. We can use your comments and ideas to improve our online services and develop the content of the site accordingly.
A ‘healthy lifestyle’ is what we recommend:
- Stop smoking
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruit and veg
- Exercise regularly
- Keep alcohol intake within recommended limits