Due to the coronavirus, Hetton Group Practice informs you that all appointments will be converted to telephone or video appointments. Only patients that have been requested to attend by a clinician should come into the practice for a face to face appointment until further notice. If you need to contact us, please call the practice. If you are worried about Coronavirus, then please use the NHS 111 online service for advice and help – see web address below.
Face Coverings when attending surgery.
Can we please advise the following to all patients attending the surgery:
- Patients to wear a suitable face covering e.g. face mask / scarf etc. when attending the practice.
- Patients please attend just before your appointment time to avoid sitting around and observe social distancing when possible.
- Patients to attends appointments alone (there will be some exceptions to this rule, check when booking appointment if unsure)
- Patients will also be asked not to take their face covering off until told to by a clinician or when they have exited the building.
Thank you for your co operation
Key messages to the public:
- If you have symptoms of Coronavirus infection, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for seven days from when your symptoms started.
- This action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious.
- Plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
- Ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
- Stay at least two metres (about three steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
- Sleep alone, if that is possible.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
- Stay away from vulnerable individuals, such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, as much as possible.
You do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation, or are no better after seven days, use the NHS 111 online service. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency only, dial 999
If you are concerned that they may have coronavirus or may have come into contact with someone who has, the NHS 111 online service has created coronavirus pages that tell patients what they should do based on their particular circumstances. These can be accessed at: https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19
Do not go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital. Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
For general information on coronavirus see: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
The below link is from Australia but it offers some excellent advice and health tips as we come to terms with the spread of Covid-19 and also a good guide to self-isolation or quarantine with Covid-19: https://www.gps-can.com.au/covid19-basics/a-guide
Click here for more guidance on Coronavirus from Gov.UK
Welcome to Hetton Group Practice
Welcome to Hetton Group Practice.
Our Practice is highly patient focused and we have a multidisciplinary approach to patients’ health care. We aim to deliver the best for our patients by combining the skills of the practice team with other health and social care workers in the community.
We provide modern health care facilities and focus on continually improving the health of our patients and residents of the community.
This website is aimed at providing you with the important information about our practice, our services and our staff in addition to some other useful information and tools available for you to use. Please have a look around and send us any comments or suggestions if you like. We can use your comments and ideas to improve our online services and develop the content of the site accordingly.
A ‘healthy lifestyle’ is what we recommend:
- Stop smoking
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruit and veg
- Exercise regularly
- Keep alcohol intake within recommended limits