Overview of Our Team
We have a range of skilled staff in addition to the qualified doctors at our practice.
You can find out more about our dedicated team on this page:
We have 6 GPs here at Hetton Group Practice. Click here for more info/photos of our GPs.
Advanced Nurse Practitioners
We have 2 Advanced Nurse Practitioners working alongside our GPs. Nichola Waters & Janice Turnbull. They can see almost the same problems as our GP’s can with a few small exceptions (see below)
Nichola -no gynae problems or HRT. She can see children over the age of 3 months.
Janice – does not do vaginal examinations. She can see children over the age of 2 months.
Click here for more info/photos of our Advanced Nurse Practitioners.
We currently have 1 GP Registrar: Dr Tewari (Male)
As a training practice we take GP Registrars on a 6 month rotation. They are fully qualified and have already done training in hospitals.
You can expect them to provide a full range of GP services. If they are not certain about what to do they will ask more senior colleagues for advice.
- Nichola Waters (Advanced Nurse Practitioner)
- Janice Turnbull (Advanced Nurse Practitioner)
- Ann Turnbull – Practice Nurse
- Linda Allan – Practice Nurse
- Helen Ellis – Triage Nurse
- Judith Young – Healthcare Assistant
- Caitlin Williams – Healthcare Assistant
- Treatment Room Nurse
- Julie Tumilty – Practice Manager (BA Hons, Cert Mgmt, PG Cert)
- Carol Smith – Office Manager
- Emma Middleton – Deputy Office Manager