Under 65 Flus – At Risk Patients
We have just received our delivery for the Under 65’s – Flu Vaccines.
If you are at risk (have a chronic disease etc) – you can now call the surgery on 0191 5261177 to book an appointment.
NB: Over 65’s can also ring to book appointment if they haven’t done so already.
Urgent care services in Sunderland are changing
Patients in Sunderland will be able to access NHS urgent care services more simply and closer to home after 1 August 2019.
From 1 August 2019, the best way to access NHS urgent care services will be to contact your GP practice or local pharmacy, or call NHS 111 when they are closed.
Urgent care is for minor injuries or illnesses which need medical attention the same day, but are not serious enough for the Emergency Department.
From 1 August 2019, these will be the main urgent care services for patients in Sunderland:
- GP practices – collectively providing extra appointments in evenings, weekends and bank holidays. These can be booked through your GP practice, at one of five locations around Sunderland, Washington and Houghton.
- Pharmacists – local pharmacists are highly trained and provide free, confidential advice on minor illnesses from sickness and diarrhoea to hay fever.
- Urgent care centres at Pallion or Bunny Hill health centres, open 10am-10pm Monday to Friday; 8am-10pm weekends and bank holidays, no appointment needed.
- NHS 111 – if you have an urgent need which is not life-threatening, NHS 111 health advisors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you get the right medical attention for your needs.
To find out more, please visit www.sunderlandccg.nhs.uk.
Bank Holiday Closures
The surgery will be closed on the following 2 dates for bank holidays:
- Monday 6th May 2019 – CLOSED
- Monday 27th May 2019 – CLOSED
NHS England require that the net earnings of doctors engaged in the practice is publicised and the required disclosure is shown below. However, it should be noted that the prescribed method for calculating earnings is potentially misleading because it takes no account of how much time doctors spend working in the practice and should not be used to for any judgement about GP earnings, nor to make any comparisons with other practices.
The average earnings for GPs working in the Hetton Group Practice in the last financial year ending in 2017/18 was £70,946 before taxation and National Insurance. This is for 1 full time GP, 8 part time GPs and 2 locum GPs who worked in the practice for more than 6 months.
Newsletter Issue 42
Our latest newsletter – Issue 42 (Feb 2019) is now available.
Click here to go to Newsletter section
Privacy Notice – Direct Care, (routine care and referrals)